- Large mason jar
- 4 cups filled with 2/3 cup water
- Glitter/glitter glue
- Cotton balls
- Skewer/craft stick
- Glue gun
Best for ages 9 and up. The purpose of this activity is to create fun and cool “galaxy” jars to symbolize the beautiful world Hashem made.
1. Mix a small amount of paint and 2/3 of a cup of water together with a craft stick. Add more paint or water until the desired color is reached.
2. Repeat 3 times using different paint colors in different cups.
3. Stretch and flatten cotton balls and place in a glass jar to create your first layer (there will be 4 layers in total).
4. Pour some glitter/glitter glue on top of the cotton balls and pour one “paint and water mixture” onto the cotton balls until fully soaked.
5. Press cotton balls down with a craft stick to fit tightly in jar.
6. Repeat these steps for the next three layers.
7. Seal jar shut with a glue gun or another type of permanent glue.
8. Your jar is now complete! Be careful not to shake the jar.